- Perform preventive maintenance, change oil, oil filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicle for mechanical deficiencies. Perform light repairs as required.
- Based upon certification levels, perform various repairs and maintenance which may include : OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, engine and drive line components, etc.
- May maintain/repair equipment. ( cable trailers, laptop docking stations, etc )
- Keep shop area clean and tidy. Perform work in accordance to safety standards. Dispose of all fluids in a safe manner in accordance with all regulations.
- Create and maintain vehicle history and maintenance records. May up-fit new vehicles with necessary equipment.
- Perform some more complex repairs, advanced diagnostics, and some fabrication.
- Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with vendors for parts and repairs, May perform roadside assistance as needed.
- Provides custom equipment when needed by engaging in equipment design and moderate fabrication tasks including welding.
- Assures availability of specialized trucks by troubleshooting and repairing complex hydraulic systems, generators and electrical systems, hybrids, and on-board computer systems.
Sunday - Wednesday 7:00AM - 5:30PM
Wednesday - Saturday 7:00AM - 5:30 PM
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of vehicle service and repair experience; 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
- Must currently possess or be able to attain minimum of 4 A.S.E. certifications within 18 months of employment.
- Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to meet with technology and fleet changes a s they occur.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Ability to work safely in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to enter and exit vehicles frequently.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds. ( tools and or equipment )
- Must have a working knowledge of DOT and CDL requirements for medium and heavy truck applications.
- Frequent exposure to outdoor weather condition and moderate noise level.
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis helping people and providing them with extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to it's employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunity practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disabilities or any other character protected by the law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com