Distribution Crew Member
Metro Services is seeking to fill multiple Distribution Crew Member positions for a warehouse in Sparta, TN. This position requires that the employee perform all essential duties as assigned by the Supervisor which shall include the following:
- Picks customer orders from racks and storage areas in the warehouse and stages them in the appropriate area for shipment
- Unpacks materials from vendors, attaches the appropriate identification tags (brand labels), and stocks in the appropriate areas for shipment
- Unitizes orders for shipments based on assortment of products in accordance with company specifications
- Operates the stretch wrap machine for packaging when required for certain products
- Complies with all safety guidelines as have been put forth in the required order picker training
- Practices good housekeeping by keeping the area swept and the equipment clean and serviced
- Keeps supervision informed of all quality, receiving, or shipping problems
- Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of this job
- Employees must be able to speak and understand basic English
- Care should be taken to ensure when transporting materials that they are not damaged or anyone is put at a safety risk
- Cross trained to do other responsibilities throughout the distribution facility
- Authorized to do lockout/tagout and should observe all lockout/tagout procedures
- Such other duties and assignments that shall be made from time to time to employee from any member of the Company’s management
Monday - Friday
7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 1 year of experience in similar positions
- Proficient performance required for KPIs of Level 1 Distribution Crewmember
- Must be able to learn to operate a order picker/tug or other material handling equipment and be certified and licensed after training
- Must possess the ability operate a handheld computer unit for the inventory picking and/or receiving processes with minimal training
- Must be able to report to work on time as required by the schedule
- Must be able to use and read a tape measure and perform simple mathematical calculations
- Must be able to communicate and work with a small group of other employees as well as work independently at times with minimal supervision
- Must wear safety shoes at all times and safety glasses with side shields when banding materials or operating equipment
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunity within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
163 Mose Drive
Sparta, TN 38583
Call: (931) 739-9675