Woodworker and Forklift Driver
Metro Services is seeking to immediately fill several Woodworker - Forklift Driver positions for a Distribution company in Memphis, TN. This is a Temporary to Full-time hire position. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic who would like long-term employment. All applicants must have an updated resume with references.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Design and produce wood products
- Build crates using hand tools
- Use automated machinery, such as computerized numerical control (CNC) machines
- Perform work in a high production assembly line facility
- Set up, operate, and tend drill presses, lathes, shapers, routers, sanders, planers, and wood-nailing machines
- Cut, shape, and smooth wooden parts
- Verify dimensions using caliper or rule
- Add fasteners and adhesives and connect the pieces to form a complete unit
- Sand products using a sander or sandpaper
- Stain or coat products with lacquer or varnish
- Operate specialized pieces of woodworking machinery
- Complete all stages of the woodworking process
- Ensure wood isn't warped, cracked, or swollen
Attendance Bonus Available
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years of Forklift experience required
- 2 years of Woodworking experience required
All candidates must have an expert level of the following skillset:
- Carpenter Helper
- Machine Setup
- Material Handler
ABOUT METRO SERVICES
Metro, unlike many other employment agencies, puts a tangible emphasis on helping people and providing them with an extraordinary experience. Metro Services strives for greater innovation by providing more opportunities within the workforce and greater incentives to its employees.
Metro Industrial Services does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color and religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disabilities, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at metroindustrialservices.com.
Metro Industrial Services is thankful for all of our loyal clients and employees during these unprecedented times. Despite the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on many businesses, we continue to hire and put America back to work. All clients and employees should follow all CDC guidelines as well as any applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
While Metro Industrial Services enforces its own set of COVID-19 guidelines within its main office and branches, we also make sure that all of our employees respect the individual guidelines specific to the companies for which we hire.
For more information, stop by or call TODAY!
8295 Tournament Dr
Memphis, TN 38125
Call: (901) 538-7575 for an appointment
Call (855) 715-5627